5 Things Guys Don't Want To Hear

As I’ve spoken at length about before, guys aren’t particularly great at sharing their feelings. In fact a lot of men are more accustomed to biting their lip than actually expressing their honest opinion to their partners. Now that might sound a bit harsh, but ultimately it saves us rather a lot of trouble, an easy way out if you like. So ladies, if you ever feel like your man is being uncharacteristically quiet when you bring up certain subjects there’s probably a very good reason why. Here’s my list of comments that guys never ever want to hear…like ever!

c50fc643a30a2fbc9f277dafb4db58f81. “I’ll always love him” – Everyone has a past, we all hate that fact but in the end we learn to accept that it’s a part of life and sure you might not be your partner’s first, second or even third love, but that doesn’t mean we want to hear all about it. A friend of mine was recently telling me about how things didn’t work out with her ex, but that he’ll always be the one and she’ll always love him no matter what. I said please tell me you’ve not said this to your boyfriend?! “Oh he just knows” was her response. No, no, no, no!! Whether it’s true or not don’t ever let your partner feel like they’re always going to be second best, no matter what they do. There should only ever be two people in your relationship.

2. “I like it when a guy does this…” – So this continues from point one but leans more to the physical side of the relationship. How many guys have been with a girl in the bedroom and she’s let slip a comment that leaves your stomach numb and your mind full of images? We know you’ve got a past, we’re already trying our best not to think about it, but please don’t give your guy sex advice based on your past experiences. After all, actions speak louder than words. Show him, don’t tell him!

3. “I’ve had bigger” – No explanation required.

4. “I’m outside” – So you’ve got a night out planned with your friends or colleagues and sure we’d spoken previously about you meeting them and maybe even going on a double date sometime, but please oh please don’t surprise us! It’s not that that we’re ashamed of you or that we’re up to something we shouldn’t be, it’s just that this is your man’s time to lead-large_trans++eo_i_u9APj8RuoebjoAHt0k9u7HhRJvuo-ZLenGRumAhave some ‘me’ time. If he wanted you there, you’d have been invited. Tough love I know, but sometimes it needs to be said.

5. “We need to talk” – History dictates that this is code for ‘we need to break-up’but if you’re saying it just for effect, attention or to prove a point then please just leave it out. Guys can be sensitive souls as well (whether we admit to it or not) and well it upsets us more than you think. (I’m laughing at the sad face I unintentionally pulled as I wrote that).

Guys don’t think you’re getting off lightly though, these comments of course work both ways. But yeah be wary of what you say, within every burly builder is a sensitive Sally pretending that you are in fact untouched in every way…deluded aren’t we.

1. February 7, 2016 / 7:56 pm

I always wondered why my husband flees when I say the words “we need to talk!” … How can I rephrase it to make it more man-friendly? I only wanted to talk to him about his love for ‘dropping underwear on the floor!’ 😂

Great article! I hope all is well with you. X

• February 7, 2016 / 7:58 pm

Haha if he flees it only means he loves you! Next time try ‘sit your ass down’ 🙂 I’m great thank you I hope you’re well too!

• February 7, 2016 / 8:01 pm

Firm but effective! Thanks, Paul. I’ll bear this in mind. No doubt he will piss me off again with his lack of picking up after himself. I despair of that man! *deep sigh*

2. February 7, 2016 / 8:13 pm

I don’t like when guys do any of those things to me either. I show them the respect that I expect. That seems to work. I especially like the “Sit your ass down” line, thank you! I will use that.

• February 7, 2016 / 8:21 pm

Yeah of course it’s very much a two way thing!! ‘Sit your ass down’ would work on me haha so yeah go for it! Thanks for reading! Paul

• February 8, 2016 / 11:57 pm

That worked so good! When I told him to “Sit your ass down!” he actually smiled and listened to what I was saying for a few seconds — he always laughs and jokes with me when I get all serious on him.

3. February 7, 2016 / 9:42 pm

Reblogged this on The Crazy Nigerian and commented:
    I’d have to agree with these 5 things but I assure you there’s a whole lot more (but that’s a topic for another post). Props to PTB. Enjoy the read!

4. February 8, 2016 / 11:59 am

But on the flip side…if we “bit our tongue ” alongside you men already biting your lips, nothing will ever be said nor solved. I don’t , maybe it would be good for me if I bit mine more. Lol. I’m a writer therfore I am a talker

5. February 9, 2016 / 9:26 pm

This is hilarious! I hate the phrase “I’ll always love him”. To me it indicates that a person may have mixed feelings about the break up and an unrealistic idea about the relationship. How about “I will always love him in that way you do for most people you don’t want to get hit by a car…”?

6. February 10, 2016 / 1:44 am

I try to censor myself, because there’s nothing worst than letting your past dictate your future with someone else. Good post.

7. February 16, 2016 / 3:09 pm

Thanks for this – so rarely do we get the male perspective – sending this on to my daughters 🙂

• February 16, 2016 / 3:12 pm

Thanks so much for reading 🙂 really appreciate it