Choosing Between Two Loves?

This is a subject that I know has affected many people, both men and women. A close friend once asked me the question, it tormented me for hours on end and it wasn’t even my problem. I suppose the biggest issue for anyone in this situation is fear – fear of regret, fear of choosing the wrong person, fear of making the biggest mistake of your life. Late last year the issue was brought to my attention once again by a work colleague and in my desperate attempts to answer I scoured the internet for advice and surprisingly I found the answer. It didn’t come from Jeremy Kyle or Oprah or a magazine agony aunt it was a quote from none other than Johnny Depp himself. It was so simple, and now if anyone ever asks me how to choose between two people I’ll always give the same answer.

large

1. July 6, 2014 / 1:08 pm

That’s my answer too when it comes to choosing between two people. It’s not really a choice, it’s a matter of courage…to admit to yourself that you needed someone/something new…And to assume the causes and the consequences, without projecting your inner fears or doubts on the partner.
    I love the way you write and I like the way you think. I read your blog, every article made me wanna read more, and that’s something rare and amazing!
    Thank you for following my blog, I’m honored! Keep writing, you have an interesting, captivating and powerful written voice.
    Best wishes,
    Carissa

• July 6, 2014 / 1:24 pm

Thank you so much for your thoughts Clarissa and your lovely comments it’s very much appreciated. I completely agree, it’s very difficult to admit that things aren’t quite right with someone and even if you love them it doesn’t always mean your relationship works. Keep in touch, I look forward to reading your blog 🙂

2. July 8, 2014 / 3:00 am

I so needed this question answered! Love the simplicity and humor. 🙂

• July 8, 2014 / 3:04 am

Thank you so much, I’m glad it was of use to you. I just wish I’d found it five years ago haha. Keep in touch. Paul

3. July 11, 2014 / 1:38 pm

Haha. That is a good answer to the question. I actually think this is a common thing though.

4. July 12, 2014 / 9:14 pm

Very Christian, especially from such an open atheist. But John hates the press.

& true enough, the indoctrination runs deep; loving two people isn’t even a consideration: something definitely has to be wrong! =S

Perhaps particularly surprising from a notorious teen heartthrob & man about town who went as far as to own his own club to party more easily, & who is up to his third wife. <3

Still, for practical reasons this advice is as good as any other. Only so many hours in a day. & we were not all teen heartthrobs.

I would like "love" to be parsed more clearly however. Which is exactly why I will likely die alone in a nutshell. ^^